7 Hurricane Preparedness Tips For Business Owners
Do you have your Hurricane Preparedness Plan in Place? According to the Orlando Sentinel, “one out of every 150 houses, business and other properties in Orange County suffered damage from Hurricane Irma.”
Hopefully, we will not be hit by another Irma-like Hurricane this season. So as we hope for the best, it is also time to be realistic by taking action NOW to make sure that you, your business and employees are well prepared.
1) Learn how your local government handles emergencies by contacting your local American Red Cross chapter or local Emergency Management Agency (EMA). Click here if you are in Florida.
2) Assemble a Hurricane Survival Kit NOW!
3) Test emergency equipment such as generators and flashlights.
4) Keep personal and company vehicles filled with gas.
5) Take time to review your written emergency preparedness and action plan with your family and employees.
6) Make an evacuation plan if you live in an area vulnerable to storm surge or fresh water flooding. Identify the evacuation route that is best for you and your staff. Have your map, contact information and plan in all of your vehicles.
7) Register your business at FLVBEOC The Florida Virtual Business Emergency Operations Center is a partnership between the Florida Division of Emergency Management and the Center for Disaster Risk Policy at Florida State University.
Bookmark this page for a list of helpful links and tips for Florida Business Owners.
Click Here for a great Emergency Preparedness Checklist for Small Businesses created by FedEx.
Register your business at FLVBEOC The Florida Virtual Business Emergency Operations Center is a partnership between the Florida Division of Emergency Management and the Center for Disaster Risk Policy at Florida State University.
The Weather Channel
Do You have proper Commercial Insurance? Owners of Businesses we’ve got you covered!
Erb and Young Insurance are Independent Insurance Agents that work with multiple insurance companies to best meet your insurance needs. Call Erb and Young Insurance to get started today at 321-234-1690.